- 16 MB cache - Bigger cache means faster performance. A massive 16 MB cache combined with up to 300 MB/s transfer rate make these ultra-fast drives the perfect solution for the fully loaded PC with a fast processor.
- Cool operating temperature - WD hard drives are designed to have the lowest power consumption of any high-capacity, desktop-class hard drive which lowers the operating temperature for enhanced drive reliability.
- Whisper quiet - These highly reliable drives deliver technologically advanced acoustics. With its WhisperDrive™ and SoftSeek™ technologies, WD has minimized noise to levels virtually imperceptible to the human ear in home and business environments.
- Designed for use in the fastest PCs on the market, including high-performance business computers, multimedia and gaming systems.
How this WD hard drive protects your data:
- Data Lifeguard™ is an exclusive set of data protection features, including shock protection, an environmental protection system and real-time embedded error detection and repair. WD's Data Lifeguard technology automatically finds, isolates, and repairs problems that may develop over the life of a hard drive.
- Data Lifeguard Tools™ are software utilities designed for WD hard drives that work with the embedded Data Lifeguard features to make hard drive installation,diagnostics and repair both simple and worry-free. (Download Data Lifeguard Tools)
- ShockGuard™ instantaneously protects the hard drive against damage from bumps and vibrations while it is running. This technology enables WD Caviar drives to achieve industry-leading shock specifications.
|HDD capacity:||320 GB|
|HDD speed:||7200 RPM|
|Interface:||Serial ATA II|
|Storage drive buffer size:||16 MB|
|Read seek time:||8.9 ms|
|Write seek time:||10.9 ms|
|Full stroke seek time:||21 ms|
|Track to track seek time:||2 ms|
|Average latency:||4.2 ms|
|Power consumption (typical):||9.50 W|
|Power consumption (standby):||1.60 W|
|Operating voltage:||5 / 12 V|
|Operating temperature (T-T):||5 - 55 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T):||-40 - 65 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H):||5 - 95%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H):||5 - 95%|
|Operating altitude:||-305 - 3050 m|
|Non-operating altitude:||-305 - 12200 m|
|Operating shock:||65 G|
|Non-operating shock:||250 G|
|Weight & dimensions:|
|HDD transfer rate:||748 Mbit/s|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||101.6 x 147 x 26.1 mm|
|Drive device, transfer rate:||300 MB/s|
|External power adapter:||✗|
|Acoustic pressure emissions:||33 dB|