Thin laptop computing savvy.
Seagate® Laptop Thin HDD (formerly Momentus® Thin) offers feature-rich, slim, lightweight style at price and capacity points that enable no-compromise designs for thin computing.
- World’s first 7mm z-height, 2.5-inch form factor drive
- Seagate SmartAlign™ technology provides easy transition to 4K sectors
- Available as a Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and FIPS 140-2 SED
- Compatible with SATA 3Gb/s designs
Opens New Frontiers for System Designers
Seagate has purpose-built the Laptop Thin HDD to meet our customers’ demand for affordable, slimmer, fully functional computing solutions. Meet your needs with 500GB, 320GB, 250GB and 160GB capacity options.
While traditional laptop hard drives offer a z-height of 9.5 mm, the Laptop Thin HDD stands apart with a z-height of just 7mm.
Smooth Migration to Advanced Format 4K
Laptop Thin HDDs include Seagate SmartAlign technology. This innovation helps you easily get all the benefits of the new Advanced Format 4K sector standard—no utilities, no extra steps. AF drive migration happens automatically in the background. The drive's performance is not affected, and there is no need for time-consuming utilities required by other AF-enabled drives.
Secure Self-Encrypting Drive Options
Seagate Laptop Thin Self-Encrypting Drives deliver government-grade encryption without performance degradation—protecting your data where it lives. You get all the benefits of secure data encryption without the headaches.
- Ships with the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Opal protocol
- The world’s first 7mm SED to ship with FIPS 140-2 validation
- Instant on-the-fly encryption without performance degradation
- Instant Secure EraseTM technology that can instantly erase the security key data on your hard drive, enabling secure disposal or repurposing of the SED
Enter Seagate Ingenuity
Until recently, system integrators and OEMs had no choice but to limit their thinner, fully functional computing designs to high-end devices. The available hard drive options were either too costly, too slow performing or both.
Seagate Laptop Thin HDD drives leverage current laptop drives in both material and product design to provide the world’s first 7mm 2.5-inch form factor drive. The result is affordable, thin storage for entry-level to mainstream laptops, high-end netbooks, thin ultraportables and slim-computing devices.
Thin Hard Drive Perfect For:
- Building entry-level to high-performance ultraportables laptops
- Creatng thin, light netbooks without compromising storage or affordability
- Designing slim consumer electronics devices
- Protecting your sensitive data
|HDD capacity:||500 GB|
|HDD speed:||7200 RPM|
|Interface:||Serial ATA III|
|Storage drive buffer size:||32 MB|
|Read seek time:||11 ms|
|Write seek time:||11 ms|
|Average seek time:||11 ms|
|Bytes per sector:||4096|
|Power consumption (typical):||1.5 W|
|Power consumption (standby):||0.65 W|
|Operating voltage:||5 V|
|Operating temperature (T-T):||0 - 60 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T):||-40 - 70 °C|
|Operating shock:||400 G|
|Non-operating shock:||1000 G|
|Weight & dimensions:|
|Data transfer rate:||6 Gbit/s|