- IEEE 802.1p prioritization: delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic.
- 10/100 and 10/100/1000 connectivity: provides customers with the choice of selecting the network connectivity speed that best meets their needs, with a consistent user experience. Gigabit uplinks: E2510-24 and E2510-48 switches: the E2510-24 switch has two dual-personality ports for either 10/100/1000 or mini-GBIC connectivity; the E2510-48 switch has four Gigabit Ethernet ports, which can all be used concurrently with two 10/100/1000 ports and two open mini-GBIC slots. E2510G-24 and E2510G-48 switches: four dual-personality ports for 10/100/1000 or SFP ports for optional fiber connectivity such as Gigabit-SX, -LX, and -LH, or 100-FX. HP Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 and 10/100/1000 copper ports.
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree: provides high link availability in multiple VLAN environments by allowing multiple spanning trees; provides legacy support for IEEE 802.1d and IEEE 802.1w. IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and HP trunking: - E2510-24 switch supports up to two 10/100 trunks each with four links/ports plus one Gigabit Ethernet trunk. - E2510-48 switch supports up to 24 trunks with eight links/ports per trunk. - E2510-24G & E2510-48G switches support up to 24 trunks with eight links/ports per trunk.
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): provides automated device discovery protocol for easy mapping by network management applications. RMON: provides advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events. Full-featured console: provides complete control of the switch with a familiar command-line interface (CLI). Web interface: allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser on the network. Single IP Address Management: provides single IP address management for a virtual stack of up to 16 switches.
- VLAN support and tagging: support up to 64 port-based VLANs and dynamic configuration of IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging, providing security between workgroups. GARP VLAN Registration Protocol: allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs. Jumbo packet support: supports up to 9216-byte frame size to improve the performance of large data transfers (2510G models only).
- Protected ports: provides increased security by allowing specified ports to be isolated from all other ports on the switch; the protected port or ports can communicate only with the uplinks or shared resources. Multiple user authentication methods: IEEE 802.1X: is an industry-standard method of user authentication using an IEEE 802.1X supplicant on the client in conjunction with a RADIUS server. Web-based authentication: similar to IEEE 802.1X, it provides a browser-based environment to authenticate clients that do not support the IEEE 802.1X supplicant. MAC-based authentication: client is authenticated with the RADIUS server based on the client's MAC address. Guest VLAN: isolates guest and unauthorized user traffic to a separate VLAN. Port security: allows access only to specified MAC addresses, which can be learned or specified by the administrator. MAC address lockout: prevents particular configured MAC addresses from connecting to the network.
|Quality of Service (QoS) support:||✓|
|System event log:||✓|
|MIB support:||MIB II, Bridge MIB, SNMP MIB II, RMONv2 MIB, SMON MIB, Ethernet-Like-MIB, MAU MIB, Entity MIB|
|Ports & interfaces:|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity:||24|
|Combo SFP ports quantity:||4|
|SFP/SFP+ slots quantity:||4|
|Networking standards:||IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3ab,IEEE 802.3u|
|Copper ethernet cabling technology:||1000BASE-T,100BASE-T,10BASE-T|
|Flow control support:||✓|
|Spanning tree protocol:||✓|
|MAC address table:||8000 entries|
|Switching capacity:||48 Gbit/s|
|Supported data transfer rates:||10/100 Mbps|
|Maximum data transfer rate:||1 Gbit/s|
|Jumbo frames support:||✓|
|MAC address filtering:||✓|
|Static port security:||✓|
|Management protocols:||IGMPv3, SNMPv1/v2c/v3|
|Data link protocols:||LLDP|
|Supported network protocols:||HTML, Telnet, UDP, TFTP, ICMP, TCP, ARP, BOOTP, SNTPv4|
|Safety:||cUL (CSA 22.2 No. 60950); UL 60950-1; IEC 60950; EN 60950|
|Processor frequency:||264 MHz|
|Internal memory:||64 MB|
|Flash memory:||16 MB|
|Noise level:||40.3 dB|
|Input current:||1 A|
|Power consumption (typical):||48 W|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE):|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE):||✗|
|Operating temperature (T-T):||0 - 45 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T):||-40 - 70 °C|
|Operating altitude:||0 - 3000 m|
|Heat dissipation:||164 BTU/h|
|Weight & dimensions:|
|Management platform:||HP PCM+; HP PCM|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||322.6 x 442 x 43.2 mm|
|Networking features:||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Size (imperial):||32.3 cm (12.7")|
|Input frequency:||50 / 60 Hz|
|Input voltage:||100-127 / 200-240 V|
|Electromagnetic immunity:||EN 55024, CISPR 24; IEC 61000-4-2; IEC 61000-4-3; IEC 61000-4-4; IEC 61000-4-5; IEC 61000-4-6; IEC 61000-4-8; IEC 61000-4-11; EN 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-3-3|
|Weight (imperial):||3.27 kg (7.21 lbs)|