- Powerful QoS feature: creates traffic classes based on access control lists (ACLs), IEEE 802.1p precedence, IP, and DSCP or Type of Service (ToS) precedence; supports filter, redirect, mirror, or remark; supports the following congestion actions: strict priority (SP) queuing, weighted round robin (WRR), weighted fair queuing (WFQ), weighted random early discard (WRED), weighted deficit round robin (WDRR), and SP+WDRR. Integrated network services: with support for open application architecture (OAA) modules, extends and integrates application capability into the network. Ring Resiliency Protection Protocol (RRPP): provides fast recovery for ring Ethernet-based topology; provides consistent application performance for applications such as VoIP.
- Remote configuration and management: is available through a secure Web browser or a command-line interface (CLI). IEEE 802.1ab LLDP discovery: advertises and receives management information from adjacent devices on a network. USB support: File copy: allows users to copy switch files to and from a USB flash drive . DHCP options: - DNS Relay and SMTP Redirection. - DHCP: Server (RFC 2131), Client, and Option-82 Relay (RFC 3046). sFlow: provides scalable, ASIC-based networkmonitoring and accounting; this allows network operators to gather a variety of sophisticated network statistics and information for capacity planning and real-time network monitoring purposes.
- High-density port connectivity: supports up to 84 1-Gigabit ports per unit/612 per stack. Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 ports. Jumbo frames: on Gigabit Ethernet and 10-Gigabit ports, have maximum frame length of 9K; allow high-performance remote backup and disaster-recovery services. IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE): provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras. IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+): provide up to 30 W per port that allows support of the latest PoE+-capable devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, as well as any IEEE 802.3af-compliant end device; eliminates the cost for additional electrical cabling and circuits that would otherwise be necessary in IP phone and WLAN deployments.
- Hardware-based wire-speed access control lists (ACLs): feature-rich ACL implementation (TCAM-based) helps ensure high levels of security and ease of administration without impacting network performance. Unique Flex-Chassis Architecture: supports the best of both fixed chassis and modular configurations.
- Data center–optimized design: HP 5800AF-48G Switch (JG225A) supports front-to-back/back-to-front airflow for hot/cold aisles, rear rack mounts, and redundant hot-swappable AC or DC power and fans.
- Full-featured console: provides complete control of the switch with a familiar command-line interface (CLI). Web interface: allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser on the network. RMON and sFlow: provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events. Multiple configuration files: allow multiple configuration files to be stored to a flash image. Troubleshooting: Ingress and egress port monitoring: enable network problem solving. Tracert and Ping: enable testing of network connectivity. Virtual Cable Tests: provide visibility to cable problems.
|Quality of Service (QoS) support:||✓|
|System event log:||✓|
|Ports & interfaces:|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity:||48|
|SFP/SFP+ slots quantity:||4|
|SFP+ module slots quantity:||4|
|Power connector:||DC-in jack|
|Networking standards:||IEEE 802.3,IEEE 802.3ab,IEEE 802.3u|
|Copper ethernet cabling technology:||1000BASE-T,100BASE-T,100BASE-TX,10BASE-T|
|Flow control support:||✓|
|Broadcast storm control:||✓|
|Ethernet LAN data rates:||10,100,1000 Mbit/s|
|MAC address table:||32000 entries|
|Supported data transfer rates:||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Maximum data transfer rate:||1 Gbit/s|
|Jumbo frames support:||✓|
|Packet buffer memory:||512 MB|
|Management protocols:||QoS, VLAN, SNMP v1/v2c/v3, Telnet, RMON 1, 2, 3, 9, sFlow|
|Safety:||UL 60950-1; EN 60825-1; EN 60825-2; IEC 60950-1; CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1; ULAR; GOST; EN 60950-1/A11; FDA 21 CFR; NOM; ROHS|
|Electromagnetic compatibility:||VCCI; EN 5502; ICES-003; ANSI C63.4 2003; AS/NZS CISPR22; EN 61000-3-2:2006; EN 61000-3-3:1995 +A1:2001+A2:2005; EMC Directive 2004/108/EC; FCC|
|Internal memory:||1024 MB|
|Flash memory:||512 MB|
|AC input voltage:||100 - 240 V|
|AC input frequency:||50 - 60 Hz|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE):|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE):||✗|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H):||10 - 90%|
|Heat dissipation:||557 BTU/h|
|Weight & dimensions:|
|Management platform:||IMC; Web browser; SNMP; Telnet; HTTPS; RMON1; FTP|
|Ethernet interface type:||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Acoustic pressure emissions:||45.3 dB|